Wednesday, September 2, 2009

After more than enough reflection time following my trip to Ethiopia and Uganda in June and July, I would still move to Uganda if God called us to go. You have to understand though that on multiple occasions I have tried to move away from San Antonio. We moved to San Antonio in 1997 after graduating from BU. I thought it was the hottest place on earth. We moved to Lampasas (Kempner) in 2000, possibly the smallest place I have ever lived. God delivered us right back to San Antonio the following year for medical school. Four years later we had the opportunity to move away for residency. We prayed. God called us to stay here. Three years later nearing residency graduation, we had another opportunity to move away. We prayed. God called us to stay in San Antonio. We have now lived in San Antonio for so long that we have a family of friends. We have roots here. I always say that I married a Texan; therefore, I live in Texas. The truth is that I love it here. However, if God calls us to Uganda, I'll go. Now I'm not sure about the native Texan living in the house! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm part of the family of friends and blessed to be! :)

    ReplyDelete