Tuesday, June 23, 2009

June 23rd

We are waiting for our transportation to the AWAA Transition Home. Soccer this afternoon . . . should be funny with the altitude change. Today will be our first interaction with the orphans. I'm sure stories will flow after today. I already know the Ethiopians are warm and welcoming due to the two hugs I received in the airport. Two separate little girls just came up and gave me the tighest hug around my legs. All because I smiled at them.

A few random thoughts:
1. Lisa is glad that we can flush the toilet paper in the ET Transition Home. We are definitely not roughing it. Pancakes, scambled eggs and fresh mango juice for breakfast.
2. Ou leaders, SImon and Amanda shared a word from God for each of us. Kevin, you might start preparing. :) Part of Lisa's is that people will see Lisa's and her family's success a blessing from God. Part of mine spoke of rejoicing in all circumstances.


Time to go . . .
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment