Saturday, June 27, 2009

Psalms 100

Jinja, Uganda
Amazima Ministries
"Make a joyful noise to the Lord all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness. Come before him with singing." Psalms 100: 1-??
I read these verse this morning as part of a brief lesson to the 100 or so kids at Amazima ministries. We made bracelets using pipecleaners strung with beads and bells. The kids, from 3 to 13? 14? were beaming with excitment and pride! After the craft, I gave them a quick lesson from one of my favorite passages in the bible. At the end I asked them if they would sing some songs to the Lord. Could they?? Oh, how I wish you could have heard them the sing! Three older girls lead the group in song after song of incredible praise to Jesus. After 20 minutes of choruses, the drum came out. The clapping got louder. I am sure the sound lifted up over the compound walls and out into the streets of the community. I video taped the spontaneous praise session. Amazing.

I met a boy today, Stephen, who is 12. His sister is 13. They live alone. He doesn't know where his mom is,and his father was killed at war in Northern Uganda a few years ago. Please pray for the many children across this continent who have similar stories. The siblings are so well behaved and helpful. Jesus is their hope. They smile and are not destitute because they have faith. Once again, amazing.

I wish I could upload photos for everyone. I promise to post them when I return.

Please continue to pray for the team. We are all tired. God has allowed an incredible opportunity to love on his beloved children. We don't want to slow down because there are simple too many.

Love and prayers,
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment